The Detox Project team has been researching information on glyphosate and glyphosate-based herbicides for over 10 years. From this research we believe there are 10 very important points that everyone needs to know about this widely used chemical.
The Detox Project promotes the use of newly available technology to enable us all to find out what levels of glyphosate and other pesticides are in our bodies and in our food. You can find these at the links below:
Hair Testing – Kudzu Science has created the a unique technology to test hair for glyphosate and other pesticides, allowing us for the first time to find out our long-term exposure to these chemicals.
Food Testing at Home – Built on proven lateral flow test strip technology GlyphoCheckTM Test Kits to test for glyphosate in food or water at home will soon be available.
Water Testing – AGQ Laboratories in California uses peer-reviewed methods to test water for glyphosate residues
1. Glyphosate is the World’s most used Herbicide.
2. In 2015 the World Health Organization’s cancer agency IARC declared that glyphosate is a probable human carcinogen.
3. Glyphosate is found regularly in food and water.
4. There is no safe level of glyphosate according to independent science.
5. Glyphosate is probably a hormone hacker (endocrine disruptor) according to independent science.
6. 90 % of the soybeans and 70 % of the corn and cotton grown in the United States are glyphosate-tolerant GM crops.
7. Monsanto’s Roundup herbicide is the world’s top-selling weed killer. Its active ingredient is glyphosate.
8. The global glyphosate herbicides market was valued at USD $ 5.46 billion in 2012 and is expected to reach USD $ 8.79 billion by 2019.
9. Glyphosate-tolerant GM crops represent more than 80% of the 120 million hectares of GM crops grown annually worldwide.
Please also see: 5 Things You Need to Know about Glyphosate Testing