10 Things You Need to Know about Glyphosate
The Detox Project team has been researching information on glyphosate and glyphosate-based herbicides for over 10 years. From this research we believe there are 10 very important points that everyone needs to know about this widely used chemical:
1. Glyphosate is the World’s most used Herbicide.
2. In 2015 the World Health Organization’s cancer agency IARC declared that glyphosate is a probable human carcinogen.
3. Glyphosate is found regularly in food and water.
4. There is no safe level of glyphosate according to independent science.
5. Glyphosate is probably a hormone hacker (endocrine disruptor) according to independent science.
6. 90 % of the soybeans and 70 % of the corn and cotton grown in the United States are glyphosate-tolerant GM crops.
7. Monsanto’s Roundup herbicide is the world’s top-selling weed killer. Its active ingredient is glyphosate.
8. The global glyphosate herbicides market was valued at USD $ 5.46 billion in 2012 and is expected to reach USD $ 8.79 billion by 2019.
9. Glyphosate-tolerant GM crops represent more than 80% of the 120 million hectares of GM crops grown annually worldwide.
Please also see: 5 Things You Need to Know about Glyphosate Testing