Glyphosate Residue Free
What is ‘Glyphosate Residue Free’ certification?
Glyphosate Residue Free certification verifies that your product/s do not contain the World’s most used herbicide.
A third party ISO 17025 accredited laboratory will test your products to make sure they do not contain glyphosate residues.
What we certify:
- Single Ingredients from Suppliers
- Single-Ingredient Food and Supplement Products (products sold to consumers)
- Multi-Ingredient Food and Supplement Products (products sold to consumers)
You will need to follow our full certification process for your product/s.
To be certified Glyphosate Residue Free, your product/s must have no glyphosate residues down to government-recognized limits of detection (LODs) for food, commodity and supplement samples (usually 0.01 ppm), and lower levels than default government Maximum Residue Limits (MRLs) in the European Union and Japan.
Why should I get my product Glyphosate Residue Free certified?
CONSUMER REPORTS 2014 Survey: found that pesticides are a concern for 85 percent of American consumers more than any other issue:
Lindberg International 2013 Survey: 71 percent of Americans are worried about pesticides in their food and almost three out of four respondents would like to eat food produced with fewer pesticides.
Glyphosate is the most used pesticide in the World and has the highest public profile of any chemical used in food production. The revelation from WHO’s International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) in 2015 that glyphosate is a ‘probable carcinogen’ has led to consumers across the globe asking for transparency regarding the levels of glyphosate in their food.
The global success of the Non-GMO food market has shown that consumers are pushing for more and more transparency and pesticides is even higher on their list of concerns than GMOs.
Glyphosate Residue Free products are set to take the market by storm!
How does Glyphosate Residue Free compare to USDA Organic or Non-GMO Project certification?
Organic, Non-GMO Project and Glyphosate Residue Free are complementary certifications. However, it is important to understand the following: a) USDA Organic certification does not ensure glyphosate residue free food due to poor supply chain testing standards. USDA Organic certification is also not based on testing of the final food product for toxic chemicals – consumers have been asking for final food product testing for many years and Glyphosate Residue Free certification is providing this! b) Non-GMO Project certification – tests for GMOs in the supply chain but does not test for toxic chemicals. Toxic chemicals are more important to consumers than GMOs are according to almost all consumer polls. Glyphosate Residue Free also has a lower glyphosate residue limit than USDA Organic certification in some cases. USDA Organic certification has a glyphosate residue maximum limit of 5% of the EPA or FDA tolerance for glyphosate and all other pesticides – in some cases this is relatively high, e.g.: Sugarcane (mollasses): USDA Organic (maximum 1,500 ppb) , Glyphosate Residue Free (laboratory LOD usually 10 ppb) Quinoa (grain): USDA Organic (maximum 250 ppb) , Glyphosate Residue Free (laboratory LOD usually 10 ppb) Do you have another question that you don’t see here? Please contact us.
How much will it cost to get certified?
The Detox Project has a set cost system for Glyphosate Residue Free certification:
Certification costs $1,472 per year in total for all of your products.
Third party laboratory testing costs an estimated $600 per year for each of your products (this is for 3 tests per year of each of your products).
Please contact us to start the certification process!
How long will it take to get certified?
On average, the Glyphosate Residue Free certification process takes 2-4 weeks depending on the attributes of your product and how quickly you can submit the required sample for your product testing.
What type of products can be certified?
Any ingredient or food product that is for human or animal consumption can be certified ‘Glyphosate Residue Free’ as long as the methods used by the ISO 17025 accredited third-party laboratory, for testing for glyphosate residues, can provide a clear quantifiable result for your product.
How thorough is the Glyphosate Residue Free Testing Program?
The Glyphosate Residue Free testing program is based on the work of independent ISO 17025 accredited laboratories, using gold standard low detection liquid chromatography tandem-mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) methods.
We make sure that your product is tested at least 3 times a year and we also make sure that spot checks are performed.
Which laboratories can be used for product/ingredient testing?
Glypohosate Residue Free certification relies on glyphosate residue testing results from third party laboratories.
These laboratories must:
1. Be ISO 17025 accredited
2. Use gold standard mass spectrometry methods
3. Use methods with low Limits of Detection for glyphosate residues
4. Have been working commercially for 5 years or more
Glyphosate Residue Free certification has been created for:
- Single ingredients from suppliers
- Single-ingredient food products (products sold to consumers)
- Multi-ingredient food products (products sold to consumers)
If you are food manufacturer and all of your ingredient suppliers are certified Glyphosate Residue Free you can automatically receive Glyphosate Residue Free certification for no charge, following a single glyphosate residue laboratory test of your product.
If your ingredient suppliers are not certified Glyphosate Residue Free you need to follow our full certification process for your product(s) – see below:
- You Apply for Certification using our Registration Form – Provide basic information of your company and product (including official ingredients list or program details).
- We put you in touch with a third-party ISO 17025 accredited laboratory to test your product(s) confidentially for glyphosate residues. You can also select a laboratory for testing your product/s, as long as they meet our laboratory standards (which can be viewed in our FAQs section above).
- You pay an estimated $200 directly to a third-party laboratory. This payment is not refundable – this is for initial product testing.
- You send your product to be tested by the third-party ISO 17025 accredited laboratory using liquid chromatography or gas chromatography methods.
- The laboratory prepares a confidential report on the Glyphosate levels in your product.
- You send us testing results within 5 business days of receiving them from the laboratory – We confidentially evaluate them in order to determine compliance with our Standard.
- We send you our Certification Decision.
- If your certification is accepted we send you the certification agreement to fill in and sign. You pay us $1472 in total for the certification upon signing the agreement (this price covers certification for all your products). If you own multiple brands each brand requires a separate certification.
- During the year we will send you product testing requests at least twice more – you will pay an estimated $200 directly to the laboratory each time your product is tested. In total third-party laboratory testing will cost an estimated $600 for each of your products per year.
- All certified products are included on The Detox Project product list.
- Maintaining Certification: Certificates are valid for one year – Annual testing is required to maintain your certification (minimum 2 times per year + spot checks).
The Glyphosate Residue Free certification programs (the “Program”) has been established to:
- Reduce Consumers’ risk of exposure to glyphosate residues in foods they consume;
- Educate Producers about the glyphosate residue profile of their products;
- Enable Producers to fine-tune production and supply chain strategies to minimize reliance on glyphosate-based herbicides
- Encourage farmers to reduce their reliance on glyphosate-based herbicides
Purpose of the Standard
- Describes the certification framework and testing requirements applicable to products certified as Glyphosate Residue Free (“Certified Products”); and
- Provides guidance for public claims made in connection with Certified Products, either on or off product.
Intended Users of the Standard
The Standard is intended to be used by ingredient suppliers and food manufacturers interested in having products certified under the Program, as well as farmers and value chain handlers and purchasers of Certified Products.
Handlers including distributors, wholesalers, importers, and food processors and manufacturers.
Purchasers of Certified Products include food manufacturers, grocers, restaurants, and institutional buyers.
This Standard is voluntary and nonbinding. It is not intended to replace the legal or regulatory requirements of any country in which agricultural products or food products are produced, handled, or sold.
Food Manufacturers participating in the Program are not ultimately required to utilize the Glyphosate Residue Free certification mark on Certified Products.
This Standard applies to food products and ingredients submitted for assessment to determine whether they can be certified as Glyphosate Residue Free.
Program Applicant Submissions
As a prerequisite for assessment, Ingredient Suppliers / Food Manufacturers / Producers are required to submit a Program Application Form and supporting documents prior to the analysis of any product samples. Required supporting documents may include, but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Signed Glyphosate Residue Free services agreement
- Ingredients List Disclosure
Conformance Requirements for Certified Products
In order for a food product or ingredient to be certified Glyphosate Residue Free:
- A representative sample of an identified Product or Ingredient must be collected and sent by the Producer to the agreed third-party laboratory for analysis in accordance with Program sampling requirements at least 3 times a year and increasing from that number depending on the number of product lots produced.
- The sample must be laboratory tested by a qualified third-party laboratory (if accepted) in accordance with the Programs testing requirements (using liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry – LC-MS/MS -methods); and
- Test results must show that the product contains no detected glyphosate residue down to the limits of detection (LOD) based on government-accepted limit-of-detection protocols for food products – usually 0.01 parts per million (ppm) and always below the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s and other government’s Maximum Residue Levels (MRLs).
- Glyphosate Residue Free certification testing is based on government-accepted limit-of-detection protocols for food products.
The product name is clearly stated on the Certificate issued upon certification. The owner of the Program is not responsible for, or supportive of claims made by the client pertaining to Products that are not listed on the Certificate.
Limit of Detection
The “limit of detection (LOD)” is the level below which a laboratory cannot confirm the presence of a specific residue in a given sample. LODs for international pesticide residue free certification standards are established in accordance with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) PAM II validated methods / protocols for pesticides and other international government validated methods / protocols. Currently the LOD used by qualifying third-party laboratories while testing samples for Glyphosate Residue Free certification is 0.01 ppm, or the lowest possible LOD for a specific sample, if this is higher than 0.01 ppm but lower than government maximum residue levels. The 0.01 ppm LOD is recognized as the internationally accepted LOD for widely used validated methods for pesticide analysis (including glyphosate analysis) in food, commodity and supplement samples.
Duration of Certification
Once a Product has been successfully certified, the certification shall remain in effect for one calendar year, unless the certification is suspended or revoked in accordance with the provision ‘Revocation or Suspension’ below or under the contract provision which enables the owner of the Program to cancel certification 6 months after your Certificate of Compliance is sent via e-mail, for any reason.
As a quality control measure, Certified Products may be spot retested at any time. The results of spot retests will remain confidential and will only be released to the Producer of the retested Certified Product/s.
Revocation or Suspension.
A certification will be suspended or revoked if any of the following conditions exist:
- Glyphosate residues are found at any point during or following the certification process to exceed the requirements for certification, until such time that conformance is reestablished;
- A food manufacturer / ingredient producer is unwilling or unable to correct observed discrepancies;
- A food manufacturer / ingredient producer is unwilling or unable to meet financial or contractual arrangements;
- A food manufacturer / ingredient producer is intentionally misusing the Glyphosate Residue Free certification mark; or
- A food manufacturer / ingredient producer is intentionally violating any program requirements.
Product Integrity and Traceability
The Producer of a Certified Product is required to:
- Demonstrate the ability to recall Glyphosate Residue Free certified products if residues are found after certification; and
- Demonstrate the ability to prevent comingling and contamination of Certified Products with non-certified products.
Use of Glyphosate Residue Free Certification Mark
The Producer of a Certified Product is permitted to use the Glyphosate Residue Free certification marks in connection with the Certified Product, either directly on product labels, signage and other point-of-sale materials, or indirectly in websites, brochures, and other printed and online collateral.
If the Glyphosate Residue Free certified product is sold in a country or territory which requires a labeling language other than English, the words “This product is certified Glyphosate Residue Free” should be translated accordingly and placed on the packaging with the English Glyphosate Residue Free certification mark.
If you would like to certify your product as Glyphosate Residue Free please fill in the registration form below, scan and send back to the e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org :
This registration form is the start of the certification process but you do not need to continue with the certification process or to make any payment if you choose not to following registration. Certification is a 2-step process:
Step 1: Registration
Step 2: Certification contract, payment and product testing
Please review the certification process here
If you have any questions please use the contact form below: (we will reply within 48 hours)
|Brand Name||Products Verified||Type of Products|
|Acacia Honey, Neem Honey, White Honey, Chocolate Mint Patties, Chocolate Almond Patties, Chocolate Pomegranate Patties, Chocolate Ginger Patties, Double Dark Chocolate Patties, Peanut Chocolate Honey Patties, Espresso Chocolate Honey Patties, Sugar||Honey Products and Others|
|Refined 100% Pure Avocado Oil, Organic Avocado Oil, Chosen Blend Oil, Avocado Oil Mayo – Traditional, Avocado Oil Mayo – Harissa, Avocado Oil Mayo – Wasabi, Avocado Oil Mayo – Black Garlic, Coconut Oil Mayo – Traditional, Organic Chia Seeds, Organic White Quinoa, Avocado Oil Vegan Mayo, Avocado Oil Spray, Chosen Blend Oil Spray, Organic Chosen Blend, Italian Herb Avocado Oil Spray, Lemon Dill Avocado Oil Spray, Citrus Pepper Avocado Oil Spray, Chili Lime Ginger Avocado Oil Spray, Garlic Avocado Oil Spray, Chai Blend Avocado Oil Spray, Simply Cinnamon Avocado Oil Spray, Gingerbread Avocado Oil Spray, Chipotle Avocado Oil Spray||Avocado Products and Others|
|100% Pure Honey||Honey|
|Acute Defense™; Adrenal Strength®; Adult B-Centered™; Alpha-Teen™; B12 Energy Cranberry Gummies; B12 Energy Ginger Gummies; Baby & Me™; Baby & Me™ Canada; Baby & Me™ 2; Baby & Me™ Herb Free; Balanced B Complex; Balanced Minerals; Blood Builder®; Blood Builder® Minis; Bone Health; Calcium; Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium; C Defense Tangy Citrus Gummy; Complex C; D3 1000IU Wellness Mixed Fruit Gummies; Daily C Protect Nutrient Booster Powder™; Daily Energy Nutrient Booster Powder™; Daily Maca Plus for Men Booster Powder; Daily Maca Plus for Women Booster Powder; Daily Multi Powder for Baby & Me™; Daily Multi Powder for Men; Daily Multi Powder for Men Over 55; Daily Multi Powder for Women; Daily Multi Powder for Women Over 55; Daily Multi Powder Iron Free; Daily Turmeric Nutrient Booster Powder™; Dream Release™; E & Selenium; Elderberry Immune Support* Gummies; GTF Chromium 100 mcg; Kids B Complex; Kids Daily B-Centered Nutrient Booster Powder™; Kids Daily Immune Nutrient Booster Powder™; Kids Daily Multi Nutrient Booster Powder™; Kids N’ Us™ MegaFlora®; Kids One Daily; Magnesium; MegaFlora®; MegaFlora® for Baby & Me™; MegaFlora® with Turmeric; MegaFlora® for Women; MegaFlora® Plus; MegaFlora® 200; MegaFood Probiotic Supplement Immune Defense*; MegaFood Probiotic Supplement Digestive Health*; MegaFood Probiotic Supplement Energy*; MegaFood Probiotic Supplement Mood*; MegaFood Probiotic Supplement Women’s Health*; Melatonin Berry Good Sleep™* Gummies; Men Over 40™ One Daily; Men’s One Daily; Men Over 55 One Daily; Methyl B12; Multi for Men; Multi for Men 40+; Multi for Men 55+; Multi for Women; Multi for Women 40+; Multi for Women 55+; One Daily; One Daily Iron Free; Prostate Strength™; Pure Cranberry; Selenium; Skin, Nails & Hair™; Skin, Nails & Hair 2™; Thyroid Strength™; Turmeric Inflammation Response* Gummies; Turmeric Strength™ for Joint; Turmeric Strength™ for Liver; Turmeric Strength™ for Whole Body; Ultra C-400; B-UnStressed; Vegan B12; Vitamin D3 1000 IU; Vitamin D3 2000 IU; Wild Blueberry; Women’s One Daily; Women’s One Daily - California Blend; Women Over 40™ One Daily; Women Over 55 One Daily; Zinc, Daily Purify Nutrient Booster Powder, Kids Multivitamin Soft Chews, Men's Multivitamin Soft Chews, Women's Multivitamin Soft Chews||Dietary Supplements|
|Adrenal Response®; Adrenal Response® Complete Care; Baby & Me™ Multivitamin; B Complex; Bone Health Multivitamin; C Complete Powder; Clear Response™; CoEnzyme B Complex; Complete Multi Powder; CoQ10 - 100 mg; Digestive Enzymes Clinical strength; Flora 5-14™ Complete Care; Flora 20-14™ Ultra Strength; Flora 50-14™ Clinical Strength; Flora 300-14™ 7 Day Intensive; Food Multi III™ BioMax®; GI Response™; GTF Chromium; Homocysteine Response™; Inflama-Complete™; Inflama-GI™; Innate Detox™; Innate Response Probiotic Clinical Strength; Iron Response™; Magnesium 300 Powder; Magnesium 300 Cap; Men Over 40™ One Daily Iron Free; Men’s One Daily Iron Free; Men’s Multivitamin; Men’s 40+ Multivitamin; Men’s 55+ Multivitamin; Women’s Multivitamin; Women’s 40+ Multivitamin; Women’s 55+ Multivitamin; One Daily; One Daily Iron Free; Neuro Response™; One Daily Cap; Selenium; Thyroid Response® Complete Care; Tranquil Response™; Turmeric Response™ Powder; Turmeric Response™; Turmeric Response™ for Joint; Vegan Protein; Vitamin C 400; Vitamin D3 2000 IU; Vitamin D3 5000IU; Women’s One Daily; Women Over 40™ One Daily||Dietary Supplements|
|Truvani Turmeric||Turmeric Supplement|
Biomic Sciences LLC
|Restore||Healthy Gut Supplement|
Goat Partners International Inc.
|Full Cream Goat Milk Powder; Spring Meadows Creamery Goat Cheddar; Whole goat milk powder with Folate, Vitamin D3 and B12; Green Goat UHT goat milk||Dairy|
|Kabrita Goat Milk Toddler Formula||Toddler Formula|
|Clary Sage Seed Oil||Clary Sage seed oil|
|Biome Medic||Dietary Supplement|
Wedderspoon Organic NZ Limited
|Conventional Multifloral Manuka Honey-All Variants, Conventional Monofloral Manuka Honey- All Variants, Organic Multifloral Manuka Honey- All Variants, Organic Monofloral Manuka Honey- All Variants, Conventional Beechwood-All Variants, Conventional Rata-All Variants, Conventional Thyme-All Variants, Conventional Dandelion All Variants, Apple Cider Vinegar with K16 Manuka Honey, Organic Manuka Honey Drops Ginger with Echinacea, Organic Manuka Honey Drops Lemon with Bee Propolis, Organic Manuka Honey Drops Eucalyptus with Bee Propolis, Organic Manuka Honey Drops Fennel and Cinnamon||Honey Products and Others|
|BioAstin® Hawaiian Astaxanthin® 12 mg, BioAstin® Hawaiian Astaxanthin® 4 mg, BioAstin® Hawaiian Astaxanthin® Vegan 12 mg, BioAstin® Hawaiian Astaxanthin® Vegan 4mg, BioAstin® Supreme™ Hawaiian Astaxanthin®, OmegaAstin™ Hawaiian Astaxanthin®, JointAstin™ Hawaiian Astaxanthin®||Supplements|
|Organic Chewy Oat Bar Mix - Chocolate Coconut, Organic Chewy Oat Bar Mix – Cinnamon Raisin, Organic Chewy Oat Bar Mix – Very Berry Chocolate Chip, Organic Molten Chocolate Chip Minute Mug Cake, Organic Chocolate Lovers Brownie, Organic Sunday Stacks Pancake, Organic Chocolate Chippy Cookie, Organic Sweet Potato Pancake, Organic Brooklyn Salted Chocolate Chip Brownie, Organic Simply Sweet Vanilla Cake, Organic Sweet Tooth Sugar Cookie, Organic Ultimate Chocolate Cake, Organic Snickerdoodle Blondie, Organic Cinnamon Swirl Minute Mug Cake, Organic Celebration Confetti Minute Mug Cake||Baking Mix|
Uncle Matt's Organic
|Organic Apple Juice, Organic Grapefruit Juice, Organic Lemonade, Organic Orange Juice, Organic Orange Juice with Calcium & Vitamin D, Organic Orange Juice with Pulp, Organic Orange Defense Turmeric & Probiotics Juice, Organic Orange Mango Juice, Organic Orange Energy Juice with Coffeeberry & Ashwaganda||Fruit Juice|
|Almond SuperBites, Cashew SuperBites, Blueberry|
Almond SuperBites, Blueberry Cashew SuperBites
|Oatly Original Oat-milk, Oatly Low Fat Oat-milk, Oatly|
Chocolate Oat-milk, Oatly Barista Edition Oat-milk
|Hemp Classic, Hemp Companion, Hemp Complete, Hemp Signature, Hemp Classic 6x, Hemp Complete 6x, Hemp Signature 6x, CBD Isolate, Hemp Softgels, Hemp Essential, Hemp Silk, Hemp Sport, Hemp Extract THC Free, CBD Vape||Hemp Extracts|
|BrocElite Plus, BrocElite Professional, BrocElite Liquid||Supplements|
|Unsweetened Almond MALK, Unsweetened Vanilla Almond MALK, Maple Pecan MALK, Unsweetened Cashew MALK, Coffee Pecan MALK, Original Almond MALK Creamer, Vanilla Almond MALK Creamer, Maple Pecan MALK Creamer||Nut Milks|
|Green Coffee Robusta||Coffee|
|Brekki Overnight Oats Vanilla Cinnamon, Brekki Overnight Oats|
Blueberry, Brekki Overnight Oats Strawberry, Brekki Overnight Oats
Coconut Cacao, Brekki Overnight Oats Coconut Cardamom, Brekki
Overnight Oats Original
The Good Goat Milk Company
|The Good Goat Milk Company - Natural,|
The Good Goat Milk Company - Manuka Honey
|Goat Milk Powder|
|Rebel Kitchen Skimmed Dairy Free Organic Mylk, Rebel Kitchen|
Semi Skimmed Dairy Free Organic Mylk, Rebel Kitchen Whole Dairy
Free Organic Mylk, Rebel Kitchen 100% Organic Coconut Water
|Dairy Free Milk|